Friday, January 15, 2010

Snow

So, Boston gets quite a bit of snow so I'm no stranger to snow.  From talking with my lovely wife, who was born and raised in Minnesota, I've learned that Minnesota doesn't necessarily get more snow than Boston, per sé, but it happens all at once (which it did) and then slowly melts away which creates the poop snow that you inevitably get all up in your car, home, and pantalones.

Here's my thing.

Cold, you can do something about it.  Wear some thermal and get a big-ass coat and winter accessories and you'll survive.  Snow, however, I think I've had enough of.  The shoveling.  The coming home after a day's work and shoveling.  The poop snow.  The poop snow everywhere.  Kicking the poop snow off my car before I enter my garage.  Pushing the snow off your car.  And when you brush up against your car, you've covered in salt.

My small patch of lawn in front of my lovely home still has snow stacked higher than my wife.  Yes.  She could stand behind the snow bank and I would not see her.

There's a lot of snow here and it happened over a 2 week period and it will take the next three months to melt.  Winters, from what I understand, last a heck of a lot longer than back East so, come baseball season, I should be back to waking up to sunlight and not worry about letting my car warm up.

If you haven't checked it out, pick up Lewis Black's Rules of Enragement.  Great bits on Minnesota weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment