Saturday, April 23, 2011

Walleye

Minnesota is a big fishing state. They don't call it the land of 10,000 lakes for nothing. In fact, 10,000 is an undershot; there are more like 10,000,000 lakes in Minnesota (hyperbole).

Coming from New England, being Asian, and fancying myself a moderate-foodie, I love eating fish. Atlantic salmon, cod, trout, bass, haddock, skate...I LOVE fish. But since moving to Minnesota, I've fallen in love with a new fish - especially during lent where you can find a Fish Fry almost anywhere.

Walleye.

Walleye is a wonderful wonderful thing. Breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I'm writing this at 9:02 AM because I want walleye STAT. And my dog woke me up to take him out to pee. But if he was a walleye...I wouldn't be writing right now.

From this:

To this:

No comments:

Post a Comment