Sunday, February 28, 2010

Land

People out here love their land.  And I mean that two ways:

1) They love America.
2) They love owning land and doing stuff with it.

Maybe there's just a shortage of actual land real estate back in the East and there's plenty of it out here in the Midwest, but people want acres and acres of land.  This could be for farming purposes, grazing purposes, hunting purposes, etc.  This sentiment may be more applicable for Wisconsinites than Minnesotans (whom Wisconsinites feel take their land and water for granted) but it's only been 6 months or so since I've moved out here and I've got the bug.  I want some land.  I, however, would use the land for a number of alternative reasons; here are my top ten:

1) Build a shopping mall.
2) Build batting cages and outdoor bowling alleys.
3) Personal movie theatre with stadium seating.
4) Obstacle Course.
5) An extended deck complete with hot tub, fire pit, and koi pond.
6) A movie set for Hollywood to use for any movie scenes involving the good land.
7) A rehearsal studio complex for local bands as that would be a money making machine...with coin-operated washers and dryers.
8) Maybe even just an enormous coin-operated laundromat...though, people out here mostly do their laundry at home so this would be a stupid idea.
9) Six Flags Twin Cities.
10) Ice Luge.

I should also mention that in addition to having land, people love trucks.  And, likewise, I now, too, want a truck.  I mean, my CR-V was a small SUV to being with...out here, I feel like I drive a coupe.

No comments:

Post a Comment